Matcha Ice Cream
A delicious easy-to-make ice cream using matcha green tea
- 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder Find in MonkeyForestCafe.com
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups thick whipping cream
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- Whisk matcha powder in a bowl to remove any lumps; add a splash of milk and whisk until matcha powder is completely dissolved. Gradually whisk remaining milk into matcha mixture.
- Combine cream and matcha mixture in a pot over medium-low heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk sugar and eggs together in a bowl. Pour 1/2 cup hot matcha mixture into egg mixture; mix thoroughly. Repeat with remaining matcha mixture. Pour mixture back into the pot.
- Cook and stir matcha mixture over medium-low heat until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours.
- Pour cooled matcha mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
I first had matcha ice cream in Ubud, Bali at the fabulous Clear Café. It is a refreshing and delicious iced treat and one that I’m pretty sure you will make again and again. Enjoy!